home > bookspace > my comments > comment: eragon /
Eragon
Christopher Paolini
Teen Fiction PAOLINI

sight88 said:
These books are amazing and I love them. I compare all books I read to this series in a way.
posted Sep 1, 2013 at 2:19PM
$h00t1ng$t@r said:
Eragon is also another one of my favorite fantasy reads! Eragon is part of the Inheritance Cycle, which includes Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. My favorite things about the Inheritance Cycle are the Dragon Riders and dragons, suspense, the brave characters, and the descriptive writing. A lot of people get bored after reading the first fifty pages or five chapters, but if you give this series a fighting chance, you will not be let down! The Inheritance Cycle is phenomenal!
posted Aug 5, 2013 at 7:30PM
said:
I liked all these books. I'm glad they are all officially out so I don't have to wait another couple of years.
posted Apr 26, 2012 at 4:13PM
hardcore fantasy must be skilled the understand which i have and gory(not so much) one of the best books about dragons i have read
posted Mar 8, 2012 at 8:16PM
This is the first book of the Inheritance Quartet (although orginally it was suppose to be a trilogy). I enjoyed this book, unlike the ones following it in the series. The characters were interesting and the plot kept you on your toes for half the book. The style was interesting, but a bit repetitive. All-over, it was a book book.
posted Feb 23, 2012 at 4:04PM
Westonka Winter Jackets Recommends said:
Well written - exciting - good characters - a joy to read.
posted Feb 13, 2012 at 6:41PM
This is my least favorite book of the series, but on my honor, I promise you reading it is worth it.
posted Sep 18, 2011 at 7:57PM
TheQueen said:
Out of them all, total, hardcore fantasy. Good story but WARNING: VERY LONG! The entire series is huge so I'm only putting the 1st one up. Has the whole fantasy package: dragons, elves, dwarves, magicians, you got it.
posted Jun 20, 2010 at 9:32PM
The whole series is really good, way better than the movie. It has a very complicated plot, but once you get into it its hard to stop.
posted May 23, 2010 at 7:56AM
The single best written in the modern era (2000-Present) ever. Period. Especially since it was written by a fifteen-year-old.
posted Mar 1, 2010 at 8:42PM
realy good book just get past page 100
posted Oct 28, 2009 at 10:10AM
Evie said:
I love this book! It's a real page-turner! Non-stop action.
posted Jul 25, 2009 at 6:11PM
Leor said:
This book can be very exciting, but it can also be very boring, and the storyline drags a little. Like when Eragon just rescues Arya, they just sit around and talk for at least ten minutes.
posted May 4, 2009 at 12:45PM
fantasy_freak said:
I LOVE THIS BOOK! It’s my favorite out of the three so far. I met the author in a book store when he was first releasing this one and not near as famous as he is now. He is such a down to earth guy, and I think he deserves every bit of success that came to him through this book. It is definitely worth a read!
posted Apr 27, 2009 at 3:34PM
Hannah said:
It was well written, especially for such a young author, but the book copied way too many other stories. Series such as "The Lord of the Rings", "Star Wars", "Redwall", "Dragon Riders of Pern", and the "Belgariad" all (unwillingly)donated bits and pieces to make up the plot and characters in "Eragon". The second and third books in the Inheritance Cycle were good, but stretched on for WAY too long with unnecessary details and conversations. I'm looking forward to the fourth (and maybe the final) book in the series, though my enthusiasm is not as high as it was before I noticed all the similarities. xD
posted Apr 13, 2009 at 1:24PM
Hannah said:
posted Apr 13, 2009 at 1:24PM
fantasybooks said:
excellent book, in my opinion, his best. i have read it many times
posted Jan 14, 2009 at 11:44PM
Loved this book. A great starting book to a great cycle! Can't wait to read the last book!
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 8:57PM
Carol said:
I thought this book was great! The author described all the action in great detail and it made it feel very real. I could picture it all in my head, and I've never seen the movie! It is a great book to read if you love Harry Potter or if you'r looking for some action. Eragon is a great summer book for teens.
posted Jul 23, 2008 at 11:11AM
Carol said:
posted Jul 23, 2008 at 11:11AM
Actually, i started reading this one, and then i saw the movie when i was like half way through. It was nothing like it.
posted May 15, 2008 at 3:57PM
Rob said:
I would say Eragon is one of my very favorite books! It's about a boy that goes hunting for his family. But when he's returning to his home, he encounters a dark blue stone. He tries to trade it for food, because he was unsuccessful on his trip, but Sloan the mean shop owner says "NO WAY!" Not because he thinks it's an unfair trade, no way! It's because he got the stone in a mysterious place called the Spine. Later back at his house, the stone cracks open and, a dragon is reveled! When Eragon touches the dragon, BOOM! He gets a strange mark on his palm, and now he's a Rider. Then he learns of a man named Galbatorix. He's and evil man, and he's in pursuit of all the Riders. He tracks them down and recruits them for the Forswoon. (his dragon/Rider army) And if he can't get them to join, he kills them. I love this book because of the exciting thrill that you get when you turn the page. When I was reading it at night, my Mom would come in and say: "Lights out! Put the book away!" Then I would always reply: "Just let me finish the chapter!!" I LOVE Eragon, and I think you should have the opportunity to read it! So get to your library and check out Eragon, By: Christopher Paolini. I hope you like it!
posted Apr 27, 2008 at 11:08AM
Rob said:
posted Apr 27, 2008 at 11:08AM
OMGOSH I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! AHHHH!
posted Mar 3, 2008 at 10:27AM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
A really good book!! I suggest you read it before seeing the movie, though.
posted Feb 18, 2008 at 10:14AM
creolewinter said:
I'm usually not a sci-fi/fantasy fan, but Paolini really has a way of drawing you into his world. The characters are fascinating, and he really paints a literary portrait of "Alagasia". Excellent!
posted Sep 2, 2007 at 3:10PM
Vida said:
Everyone has heard of this one, so what can I say? The movie does not reflect the book at all so if you've seen the movie don't think you know it all. You still HAVE to read the book!
posted Aug 12, 2007 at 12:05PM
Ellie said:
This was a very good book because I love fantasy and novels, even though it was very long it was wonderful and suspenful. My favorite character was Saphira because she was a rare blue dragon and very thoughtful to others.
posted Aug 8, 2007 at 4:30PM
Ellie said:
posted Aug 8, 2007 at 4:30PM
Ingrid said:
Probably everyone knows about this book already, so im only gonna say that i thought it was really good. Eldest(the second book in the trilogy), isnt as good as the Eragon, but its still good. I would definitly say to read this book.
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 12:51PM
Ingrid said:
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 12:51PM
Annika said:
This book is one of my favorites, full of adventure, excitement, fantasy, and danger. It is about a farm boy, Eragon, who finds one of the last dragon eggs in the world. It hatches for him, and he finds himself plunged deeply into what he thought was only a story, but is the fate of Alagaesia resting in his hands. He is one of the legendary Dragon Riders, and must train in magic, sword-fighting, and mind to defeat the evil ruler Galbatorix.
posted Jun 22, 2007 at 10:12AM
Mac said:
If you like andventure and fantasy this is a great book.If you have seen the movie but have not read the book it will be a little confusing.Because it is a such a long book a cant give it a full 5 stars, but with it's high vocabulary and action on every page I have to give it a 4.When I was reading the first 100 pages and it was really boring so just keep reading it will pick up. With the third and assuming final book of the series, if you read this book, plan on reading the second and third book.If your a person how reads a book and then goes onto another subject,dont read this book.Have fun reading it if your are going to read it.May your swords stay sharp!
posted Jun 1, 2007 at 11:32PM
Mac said:
posted Jun 1, 2007 at 11:32PM
Dragon Rider said:
On the scale of 1-10 this book deserves an outstanding 14 because it had awsome action. The battle had so much detail and I could not put it down!!!
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:44PM
evilcanadian said:
Paolini took every great fantasy story written, combined all their main ideas and plots, and created a fantastic combination called "Eragon." Paolini spends his time painting an image of a foreign land with such detail that the reader can easily imagine the entire story. This was an engaging and satisfying read.
posted Apr 13, 2007 at 6:03PM
michael said:
This is one of the best books in the world!!! It has many adventures,twists,turns and combat
posted Apr 13, 2007 at 3:24PM
michael said:
posted Apr 13, 2007 at 3:24PM
Matt M said:
this book was great. i hope Eldest is beter then eragon!!!!!!!!
posted Mar 21, 2007 at 6:10PM
Tanner said:
this is the best book ever. it is a less boring lord of the rings and is a good action novel with great details.
posted Feb 23, 2007 at 12:58PM
Tanner said:
posted Feb 23, 2007 at 12:58PM
Dominic said:
This is a very fun book with fantasy, adventure, and a need to keep reading until ur through. Im still waiting for the second book.
posted Feb 2, 2007 at 7:23PM
Dominic said:
posted Feb 2, 2007 at 7:23PM
Kayli said:
i love this book. the plot is really great and sometimes you just don't want to put the book down, it's just that good. the movie was pretty good and went through the more important points. i can't wait for the third book to come out! anyone know when it comes out?
posted Jan 19, 2007 at 11:26AM
Kay654 said:
This is my FAVORITE book and i highly recommend it for teens and maybe 6th graders. My favorite part was when they begin the battle for the Varden. ENJOY!!
posted Jan 2, 2007 at 10:33AM
Adam said:
this book is exellent eldest is even more exciting thogh
posted Nov 30, 2006 at 11:35AM
Adam said:
this book is exellent eldest is even more exciting thogh
posted Nov 30, 2006 at 11:35AM
Lizzie G said:
I really don’t see what’s all that great about this book. It has a good story and all, but the beginning went way too slow.
posted Nov 26, 2006 at 9:07PM
Sarah said:
It was a great book. Nice plot and i loved the characters. I felt like I was in Alagaesia with Eragon on Saphira. I highly recommend this book for teens.
posted Sep 6, 2006 at 2:02PM
Anne said:
I only read this book once, but it was awesome. It may be long, but it has a lot of twists and turns to keep you on the edge of you seat. There is a map at the beginning of the book so you can follow along where the main charaters are.
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 10:36AM
Anne said:
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 10:36AM
Kristin said:
It was an extremely well written book. It kept me curios to what was going to happen next!
posted Jul 19, 2006 at 11:08AM
Kristin said:
posted Jul 19, 2006 at 11:08AM
Conrad Z said:
Amazing. This book has everything, action, fantasy, adventure, suspense, and a bloody awesome plot. This book is #1 on my list.
posted Jun 5, 2006 at 6:20PM
Greg said:
Bloody Brilliant. This was ammazing.
posted Jun 5, 2006 at 4:27PM
fuzzyduck216 said:
are you kidding? Paolini is an amazingly talented writer!!! it is one of the best books I've ever read!!!! I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!!!!
posted May 19, 2006 at 4:28PM
Sneezy said:
This book was amazing! Easily comparable to Lord of the Rings, this fantasy epic is a sure hit! Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. It has all the necessities of a great book- action, adventure, suspense, and even a little comedy and romance. The plot is fantastic!
posted May 18, 2006 at 8:50PM
Andrew said:
The book Eragon is the BEST BOOK I have EVER READ I would recomend it to anyone!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Izzy said:
Paolini is a great author! Eragon is very well written and you can tell by his detailed descriptions that he has a very clear idea of what things should look like in his mind. My only critiscm was that towards the end, the energy started going downhill. Even then, this is a must-read for all ages!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Jamie said:
This series (Inheritance) is amazing! It is packed with action and description!
posted Apr 22, 2006
Alicia said:
This book is a good fantasy novel. I should know I've read All the Harry Potter books! This is even better than Harry Potter, more details, more creatures, more magic, more sense. I reccomend this book to you.
posted Dec 13, 2005 at 4:52PM
Matthew said:
This book is great for teens who really like fictional books. With the a storyline comparable to Harry Potter, this book introduces Eragon, a young boy who finds a dragon egg. With it, comes many adventures. It is the first book in a series of three. The second book, Eldest, is scheduled to come soon.
posted Aug 8, 2005
Kevin said:
I have to be trueful I haven't truely finished it, But I truly love it. It's about a poor farm boy who hunts in belived to be cursed lands. While hunting for winter food he discovers a smooth egg shaped stone wich is very light for it's size.later he finds it's a dragon and with an enchanted sword his simple life is shattered and he finds he must navagate through dangerous, evil land ruled by evil of the worst sorts. Can't but it done. The books only flaw is that there is alot of different characters to remeber. But that was no problem for me.Read it!!!!!!!!!
posted Jul 30, 2005
Ali said:
This Book is the first fantasy book I've ever read and I think I'm off to a good start. I love the books creative and colorful world. It reminds me of 1900's New York City with all different characters and strange evil guys. Eragon is a great read for anyone looking for an exciting stoey about a teenage boy and his quest with a dragon should definatley read this. [Series: The Inheritance #1]
posted Jul 7, 2005
Mathew said:
Eragon is one of the greatest books I have read in my entire life. This is the story of Eragon, a 15 year old boy who finds a dragonn egg. But, owning a dragon may not be as fun as its looks. A !
posted Apr 23, 2005
Jack said:
This story is about a boy named Eragon and friend. Eragon shares a powerful bond with a dragon and a close friend. Eragon also has a great history behind him. Find out more in the book Eragon.
posted Mar 9, 2005 at 11:27AM
Andrew said:
I thought this book was the best book I ever read. It has a ton of action, suspense, and magic. It is a great fantasy. Everybody should read it!!!
posted Feb 10, 2005 at 5:49PM
Emily said:
Ok, first of all I would like to say that this book totally rocks, and second of all read this book. This book is kinda like the lord of the rings series, but even better. The author Christopher Paolini is a genius, he wrote this book when he was 15! I give this book 5 stars, because it is exciting and adventurous! As I have said before, this book is a must on my list! [Series: Inheritance #1]
posted Jan 18, 2005
andrew said:
Best book in the wold. So action packed it will keep you on your toes. [Series: Inhertiance #1]
posted Nov 10, 2004 at 3:10PM
Jessica said:
I thought this book was awesome! The dragons and magic make it very interesting for someone who enjoys books like Harry Potter or the Merlin series. Congratulations to the author; I thought the book was amazing. I would love to see it made into a movie, and look forward to reading the other books in the Inheritance trilogy.
posted Oct 24, 2004
Sarah said:
THe reason I read this book was to see if the view point of a younger author appealed to me or if it was not to my liking! I personally enjoyed the way I was more at ease with the authors style and rythm. I believe that his age also helped me to relate better to his characters and situations. If you enjoyed reading various chapters of fantasy I think you will agree with me that this book is truly unquie. You will also find yourself wanting to strangle him as he leaves you on the edge of a cliff waiting for his new book. [Series: Inheritance #1]
posted Oct 18, 2004
Kyleigh said:
I absolutely loved this book!! It is a very adventurous story filled with dragons and other creatures both evil and good. It is about a young farm boy whose life turns around in only one night as he finds himself in a world filled with magic, power, and evil. That boy, Eragon, has to learn how to become a Dragon Rider and rescue the last few dragons from an evil King's clutches, all with only the help of an old storyteller and sword. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy and wants a good read. The book is a little lengthy-looking, but I assure you, you won't even notice once you get into the book. In fact, I'm sure you'll never want it to end!! [Series: Inheritance #1]
posted Oct 4, 2004
Hannah said:
This book was one of the best books I have ever read. Its about a boy that finds a pretty blue stone and he thinks it might feed his family for awill. But instead a dragon hatches out of the stone which is really a egg. He gets thrusted into a long and dangerous jurny to kill the King.
posted Jul 24, 2004
Nicole said:
I really liked this book. It had a lot of action and it was also sad at times. I liked it alot because it had to do with magic and dragons.
posted Jun 19, 2004
Chad said:
This book was very action packed and very thrilling! If your a Harry Potter fan(like me) Eragon is the best book for you. There is a lot of adventure in thi book, you've got to read it! [Series: Inheritance #1]
posted Jun 8, 2004 at 8:09PM
Mena said:
I loved this book! I thought how the way they mixed lord of the rings and their own style made it fascinating!It's definetly #1 on my list i would love to read this book anyday! To find more information on this great book read it your self!
posted Jun 5, 2004
Jack said:
This book is a clone of The Lord of the Rings. I understand that the author loves fantasy (he's probable read Tolkien ten million times), but I think that he should have experimented w/ other stories to develop his own style instead of creating a cliched Tolkien/medieval story. The action was good, the plot too fast-paced, but I still can't shake the feeling that this author was too influenced by Tolkien. I'm tempted to rate it as a on star, but it's is better than some books I've read, so i'll rate it as a three. Recommended to grades 4 and up: it's not very complex reading.
posted May 31, 2004
Sam said:
Eragon is a great book. It combines the magic of Harry Potter but with swords and dragons. It is jam pack with action but some touching moments. You never know what's going to happen next. Next page it goes in a totally different direction.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:43PM
Heather said:
It was great.I loved it.
posted May 13, 2004
Kirsten said:
It was the best book ever it took the place of my favorite book and stills holds that place.
posted Apr 16, 2004
Renee said:
It was okay. The things I wanted him to explain more he didn't and the stuff i wasn't interested in he went over it and over. I wanted more about dragons. [Trilogy: Inteheritance #1]
Megan said:
This book was excellent! There was a ton of action to keep the reader attracted and it was amazing how Paolini twined the character's pasts together. I love fantasy and fiction so this was a good book for me!
Diane said:
this is a wonderfull book about a boy whos life changes forever when he finds a dragon egg in the mountains near his home at wich point he is forced to leave his home and begin an adventure involving elves, dwarves, and magic. I loved this book and think that most people that enjoyed the books by tolkein would enjoy this as well
Ema said:
I thought it was great book and very well written. Although the middle was kind of boring.[Trilogy: Inteheritance #1]
Anant said:
This was an exceptional book. It had a great storyline, and it was very descriptive and fascinating. Eragon was also very suspensful. I would reccomend this book to anyone. [Series: Inheritance #1]
Abby said:
This book was great! Eragon is book #1 in the Inheritance trilogy. Eragon takes place in the land of Alagaisia. Eragon is a farm boy who has no idea who his father is. He's hunting in the forest when he finds the most beuatiful stone ha as ever seen. Turns out this isn't any ordinary stone, it's dragons egg. Eragon is an exciting book that talks about Eragon's advintures with his dragon.
Spencer said:
I thought this book was awesome!! If you like science fiction books this is definatly the one for you. It has dragons, dwarves, and elves in it, too!