home > bookspace > my comments
Allegiant /
by Roth, Veronica
I've finished the series!!! And it was soooooo gooooooodddd!!!!! Everyone must read the Divergent trilogy, now! This book probably tied with Divergent for being my favorite in the series. Make sure to have tissues when you read this book!   posted Apr 4, 2014 at 8:23AM

Along for the ride : a novel /
by Dessen, Sarah
So cute! Must romance novels are cheesy but this one wasn't. Highly, highly recommend.   posted Jan 9, 2014 at 2:21PM

Avalon High /
by Cabot, Meg
This book was awesome! I flew through it. I could not put it down! For some reason I've always been kind of prejudiced towards Meg Cabot and though of her as some author who writes light, fluffy, princess books (you know the kind). But holey crapamoley this book proved me W-R-O-N-G! I enjoyed it so much! You have to read this book!   posted Mar 8, 2014 at 8:07AM

Beauty : a retelling of the story of Beauty & the beast /
by McKinley, Robin.
One of my favorite authors. This book was a bit slow moving, but I'm not very patient and I loved it.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:25PM

Breadcrumbs /
by Ursu, Anne.
This book is a retelling of the story The Snow Queen. If you liked the movie Frozen I highly recommend this book! It was really great, my first book of Anne Ursu's. You should read this!   posted Feb 10, 2014 at 9:20AM

Bridge to Terabithia /
by Paterson, Katherine.
It was so sad, but so good! I read it when I was younger and didn't really get some of it, but now I totally understand! So even if it's a childrens' book, I would really, REALLY recommend it to teens. Litterally one of my favorite books of all time.   posted Jan 22, 2014 at 4:28PM

Cross my heart and hope to spy
by Ally Carter
After reading I’d Tell You I Love You, but then I’d have to Kill You, I didn’t really think that there was any need to have a sequel. So one day I was bored and I picked up this book. And I read it in half a day because it was so good. End of story.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 2:55PM

Dangerous /
by Hale, Shannon
Really exciting and action-packed read! This book was soo good!!! Great for sci-fi fans.   posted Mar 28, 2014 at 11:00AM

Divergent
by Roth, Veronica
Divergent takes place in a future, worn-down Chicago. The society has divided into 5 factions, which are groups of people who focus on the opposite virtue of what they believe caused the war that made them in the state they are in now. For example: Amity, one of the factions, believe that violence was the cause, so they are very peaceful. Every year, when a citizen turns 16 they must choose a faction to live in the rest of their life. Once they have chosen their faction, they must complete an initiation process, where they have to prove that they are cut out for the faction they have chosen. If they don’t make it past intiation they become factionless, which are basically the poor. To help them choose their faction, the society gives them a test to help them find the faction which suits them best. The main character, Beatrice Prior, is from the group Abnegation, the selfless. After her testing process, she realizes that she is a Divergent. But just what a Divergent is, she doesn’t know. Divergent was so, so, so good. 5 out of 5 stars. A million out of a million stars! You’ve got to read this book!   posted Mar 22, 2014 at 8:51PM

Divergent /
by Roth, Veronica
Really, really, really good. Sooooo amazing, you have to read.   posted Mar 20, 2014 at 11:08AM

Don’t judge a girl by her cover
by Ally Carter
This book was AMAZING!!!!! This series is so suspensful and fast-paced and the romance is super cute!   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 4:46PM

Dragon flight
by Jessica Day George
This book is the sequel to Dragon Slippers. I think the first book in this series was better, but this book was really good, too. The plot is a lot different from the first book, and there is a lot more romance between Creel and Luka for everyone who wished there was more in the first book. I really, really love this series, and if you liked the first book, Dragon Slippers, you should pick up this one.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 2:45PM

Dragon slippers /
by George, Jessica Day, 1976-
Awesomely epic in an epic awesome way.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:24PM

Dragon spear
by George, Jessica Day
Dragon Spear, which is the third and final book in the Dragon Slippers series, was a really good conclusion to the series as well as being immensely entertaining. I would say the other two books are better, but this book is still good!   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 2:47PM

Ella enchanted /
by Levine, Gail Carson.
A twist on Cinderella. Ella is so funny, the romance is so perfectly played, and this is just an overall great book. I highly recommend.   posted Jan 22, 2014 at 4:27PM

Ellie's chance to dance /
by Moss, Alexandra.
I've probably re-read this series, what, three times now? This series was one of my absolute favorites when I was younger. Being an aspiring ballerina and all. I wouldn't recommend this series to tweens or teens. But for kids 10 and younger, these books are super good!   posted Aug 26, 2013 at 3:05PM

Enna burning
by Shannon Hale
I loved this book soo much. After finishing the series, I seriously think that this book is the best in the series.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 2:58PM

Entwined /
by Dixon, Heather, 1982-
Amazing, amazing, amazing. It was actually kind of eerie. Wonderful romance and brilliant characters. I was rather sad to find out Heather Dixon hasn’t written any other books.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:38PM

Fairest /
by Levine, Gail Carson.
I loved it. Amazing.   posted Jan 22, 2014 at 4:22PM

Fins are forever /
by Childs, Tera Lynn.
Just finished this book. This is one of the best series I have ever read! While I think that Forgive My Fins was better, this was still an awesome sequel and I absolutely am going to pick up more books by Tera Lynn Childs!   posted Jan 29, 2014 at 8:50PM

First position [videorecording]
by Youth America Grand Prix
This is a really inspiring documentary about ballet dancers. This is like my favorite movie of all time.   posted Apr 15, 2014 at 10:12AM

Flipped /
by Van Draanen, Wendelin
Cute, I really liked it. But the ending was kind of abrupt. It's a really light, easy read and it's really short. Really good, I recommend it.   posted Jan 19, 2014 at 9:06PM

Forest born
by Hale, Shannon
Such a good book! I love Rin, and I loved how she finds out she has much more courage than she thinks.   posted Jan 3, 2014 at 6:18PM

Forgive my fins /
by Childs, Tera Lynn.
This is probably one of the best, best, best, best, BESTEST books I have EVER read. No joke. I litterally read it in a day. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!! Even if you don't like mermaids, you HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!   posted Jan 27, 2014 at 8:41PM

Gossamer /
by Lowry, Lois.
really cute. I recommend to fantasy lovers   posted Jan 22, 2014 at 4:26PM

How to steal a dog : a novel /
by O'Connor, Barbara.
I went into this book very excited at the idea of the story, but finished it not quite as happy. While the idea of the book was wonderful, the way the author wrote it was not so wonderful. Maybe I'm being a little to harsh, considering it's written for younger kids not teens, but I felt I really could have enjoyed it if it had been written diferently. But, that said, I still think it was a good book, but I would recommend it to younger ages.   posted Mar 21, 2014 at 11:17AM

I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you /
by Carter, Ally.
This series just keeps getting better and better. Even if you thought that this first book was okay, you still need to read the rest. These books are just ssooo amazing!! There's suspense and romance, they're just amazing!   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:28PM

Insurgent /
by Roth, Veronica
Amazing, awesome, fantastic. I love, love, love these books. This book was not as good as the first book, but it was still AMAZING. Read it, read it, read it!   posted Mar 27, 2014 at 8:28AM

Just for fins /
by Childs, Tera Lynn.
I absolutely adored this book! It was a perfect ending to the series! Everything was wrapped up nicely in the ending. It was just perfect. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU PICK UP THIS SERIES BEFORE YOU DIE!!!!!   posted Feb 1, 2014 at 6:23PM

Love comes softly /
by Oke, Janette, 1935-
It was good and I recommend it. It wasn’t really slow-moving it was just a little boring. And that might be mostly because it is written for adults, but I still thought it was good, very predictable ending, but good   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:32PM

Magic in my shoes.
by
Really good. This author is amazing.   posted Aug 29, 2013 at 2:59PM

Matched /
by Condie, Allyson Braithwaite
The Matched trilogy is sooo good! I love, love, love these books. I would recommend these books anyone who enjoyed The Giver. The romance is awesome, the writing is fantastic. I just ADORE this book!!!   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:37PM

Mind games /
by White, Kiersten
This book was sooo good! It had me hooked from beginning to end. The plot was so confusing, but really interesting! The characters were great and had a lot of depth to them. Kiersten White is definitely one of my favorite, favorite authors! I can't wait to read the next book in the series!   posted Feb 24, 2014 at 10:21AM

Murder on the Orient Express : a Hercule Poirot mystery
by Agatha Christie
Great mystery book. My first book of Agatha Christie’s and I really, really enjoyed it!   posted Jan 6, 2014 at 1:07PM

Murder on the Orient Express : a Hercule Poirot mystery /
by Christie, Agatha, 1890-1976
This is a really great mystery book. At the beginning, it took me a while to get into it, but after the first few chapters, it's amazing. The ending was surprising and the plot was intriguing. An overall great read that I would recommend to mystery fans!   posted Mar 21, 2014 at 11:08AM

No flying in the house.
by
I don't remember much about this book. I just remember loving it so much that as soon as I finished it I started it again.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:33PM

Only the good spy young
by Ally Carter
This book was probably one of the most exciting books in the series, because this was when she figures out their after her. Love this series.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 4:49PM

Out of sight, out of time
by Ally Carter
OMG. This entire book was so suspensful. I could. Not. Put. It. Down. This series is so amazing, and I highly recommend you read it.   posted Sep 28, 2013 at 11:04AM

Perfect lies
by White, Kiersten
This book is the sequel to Mind Games. Mind Games was a lot better than Perfect Lies, but I still really enjoyed this book. If you liked the first book you should definitely read this one.   posted Mar 20, 2014 at 12:07PM

Peter Pan /
by Barrie, J. M. 1860-1937
A really good book for fantasy fans. But as good as it was, I feel like I would have enjoyed it more at a younger age. That said I would recommend this book to ages 10 and lower.   posted Mar 21, 2014 at 11:05AM

River secrets
by Shannon Hale
I really enjoyed this series and I loved this book because we got to read from Razo’s POV; He is such a funny, loveable character.   posted Jan 3, 2014 at 6:16PM

The alchemyst /
by Scott, Michael, 1959-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! READ THIS BOOK!!!   posted Sep 23, 2013 at 12:26PM

The bad beginning /
by Snicket, Lemony.
While this book was good, I don't think I want to continue this series.   posted Jan 7, 2014 at 2:48PM

The black cauldron.
by Alexander, Lloyd.
Awesome, awesome, awesome.   posted Mar 16, 2014 at 12:21PM

The book of three /
by Alexander, Lloyd.
An awesome, suspenseful book that you are going to want to read!   posted Aug 27, 2013 at 11:41AM

The borrowed house /
by Van Stockum, Hilda, 1908-2006.
I loved it! Best historical fiction I have read!   posted Jan 26, 2014 at 6:19PM

The chaos of stars /
by White, Kiersten
I loved this book so much!!! I could not put it down. Egyptian mythology is kind of confusing, but this book didn't make it confusing. I really recommend it!   posted Dec 30, 2013 at 8:03PM

The city of Ember /
by DuPrau, Jeanne
A great read! I would recommend this book to people who like futuristic books.   posted Sep 5, 2013 at 11:20AM

The Elite
by Kiera Cass
This whole series is sooooo good! This book was even better than the first! I cannot wait for The One! You should totally pick up this series! Kiera Cass is AMAZING!!!!!   posted Jan 23, 2014 at 1:20PM

The false prince /
by Nielsen, Jennifer A.
Love, love, love this book! I recommend it to all you adventure loving readers.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:33PM

The giver /
by Lowry, Lois.
If you haven't read this book already, that's weird. Go pick it up 'cause you won't regret it!   posted Aug 26, 2013 at 3:03PM

The goose girl /
by Hale, Shannon
Very romantic suspensful read. I recommend it.   posted Aug 30, 2013 at 1:06PM

The hero and the crown /
by McKinley, Robin.
An amazing read!! I really recommend Robin McKinley to all you fantasy lovers.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:36PM

The house of Hades
by Rick Riordan
This book was amazing!! I can’t wait for the Blood of Olympus in October!!!   posted Jan 3, 2014 at 6:23PM

The Hunger Games /
by Collins, Suzanne
Really great series, but there is violence so be wary. But overall I loved it. I was behind the curve on reading this series,but I'm so glad that I read it. If you haven't already read it, you've got to read this series.   posted Mar 17, 2014 at 10:40AM

The iron king /
by Kagawa, Julie
This book was very similar to The Treachery of Beautiful Things. While this book was good, I enjoyed The Treachery of Beautiful Things more. The main character, Meghan Chase, was kind of wimpy and was always, always, getting into tight spots and having someone else come to rescue her. But otherwise, I really enjoyed this book!! It was exciting and I love the romance. I would definitely recommend it.   posted Apr 21, 2014 at 11:04AM

The lightning thief /
by Riordan, Rick
An awesome friend of mine recommended this book to me. She is defenitely one of my very best friends.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:31PM

The lost hero /
by Riordan, Rick
I adored this book! It kept me up all night and I could not put it down! I loved the new characters and really liked getting to know them. The adventure was awesome, like they always are, and so suspenseful. If you liked the PJO series, you should definitely pick this up!   posted Jan 22, 2014 at 4:33PM

The mysterious Benedict Society /
by Stewart, Trenton Lee
Best series ever!!! Very clever, funny, and all-around amazing!   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:26PM

The mysterious Benedict Society and the perilous journey
by Trenton Lee Stewart
This book was even better than the first, and, as a plus, it was somewhat shorter. The excitement from the first book only increased in this book. Highly recommend.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 2:50PM

The mysterious Benedict Society and the prisoner’s dilemma
by Trenton Lee Stewart
The last and BEST book in The Mysterious Benedict Society series.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 2:52PM

The Penderwicks : a summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits, and a very interes
by Birdsall, Jeanne.
Everyone needs to read this book! It is so funny and the way the author writes just makes want to keep on reading. I have read all three, and I heard she will be writing more. So I am excited for those..   posted Aug 30, 2013 at 3:27PM

The prince & the guard
by Kiera Cass
*fangirl squeal* This book has the two novellas in the Selection series (The Prince and The Guard) as well as having a SNEAK PEEK TO The One!!!!!! Read this!!   posted Mar 20, 2014 at 12:09PM

The prince [electronic resource] : A Selection Novella
by
My first novella and I loved it! I had no idea novellas were so short! I loved seing the story from Maxon’s POV and I can’t wait for The Guard!   posted Feb 26, 2014 at 10:31AM

The red pyramid /
by Riordan, Rick
Very good series. Maybe not as good as the Percy Jackson series, but you should still read it! After all, anything Rick Riordan writes is amazing, correct?   posted Aug 26, 2013 at 6:20PM

The rope trick /
by Alexander, Lloyd.
This is a really good book. Lloyd Alexander is an awesome writer!   posted Mar 31, 2014 at 8:30AM

The runaway king
by Nielsen, Jennifer A.
So good!!!! Even better then The False Prince, which I really recommend. Waiting for the third book, which comes out in March, will be torture.   posted Aug 8, 2013 at 6:34PM

The sea of monsters
by Riordan, Rick
This is the second book in the PJO series, and it is super good!! I really like the adventure in this book, and I liked Annabeth a lot more. If you haven’t read The Lightning Thief, read that before you read The Sea of Monsters!   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 6:03PM

The secret language of girls /
by Dowell, Frances O'Roark.
This book was really cute. I highly recommend it to all girls.   posted Mar 16, 2014 at 12:18PM

The Selection /
by Cass, Kiera
Omigosh! This book was so good! I literally flew through it. Read it, read it right now!   posted Jan 19, 2014 at 2:37PM

The shadow of the bear : a fairy tale retold /
by Doman, Regina.
This book was amazing! The sequel Black as Night was even better! You need to read this series!   posted Aug 29, 2013 at 2:58PM

The Shadow Throne
by Jennifer A. Nielsen
This book was AMAZING!!!!!! The conclusion was perfect!!!! I absolutely love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE this series!!!!!!!!! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again this is the BEST series I have ever read. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!   posted Apr 22, 2014 at 10:13AM

The silver chair /
by Lewis, C. S. 1898-1963
Definitely my favorite book in The Chronicles of Narnia. I don’t really remember it, but I do know I loved it!   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:38PM

The Thief Lord
by Cornelia Funke
The Thief Lord is about two orphan boys, who are brothers, whose parents died. Their mean aunt and uncle only want to adopt the youngest of the two, Bo. Prosper, the older brother, and Bo don’t want to be separated so they run away to Venice, Italy. Once in Venice they join a group of orphans/ “thieves”. The leader of the group, Scipio, calls himself the Thief Lord and, so the other orphans think, is an expert at pulling off heists. Meanwhile Prosper and Bo’s aunt and uncle have discovered the boys are in Venice and hire a detective to look for them. It’s a really good book and great for all ages. Highly recommend.   posted Mar 10, 2014 at 9:01PM

The Thief Lord /
by Funke, Cornelia Caroline
The Thief Lord is about two orphan boys, who are brothers, whose parents died. Their mean aunt and uncle only want to adopt the youngest of the two, Bo. Prosper, the older brother, and Bo don’t want to be separated so they run away to Venice, Italy. Once in Venice they join a group of orphans/ “thieves”. The leader of the group, Scipio, calls himself the Thief Lord and, so the other orphans think, is an expert at pulling off heists. Meanwhile Prosper and Bo’s aunt and uncle have discovered the boys are in Venice and hire a detective to look for them. It's a really good book and great for all ages. Highly recommend.   posted Mar 4, 2014 at 10:07AM

The treachery of beautiful things /
by Long, Ruth Frances, 1971-
It's safe to say that this is my absolute, favorite book of all time. You HAVE to read this book. It's a must. I put off reading this book for so long, but honestly this book is incredible, fantastic, awesome, and amazing. The romance is gorgeous and everything is so perfect and finished in the end. I've never, ever read a book that made me feel this way. It's so amazing. You've got to read The Treachery of Beautiful Things.   posted Feb 27, 2014 at 10:47AM

The two princesses of Bamarre /
by Levine, Gail Carson.
Wonderfully wonderful. Put down everything you are doing at this moment and go get this book!   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:39PM

The water sprites /
by Rodda, Emily
This is the only book in this series that Hennepin library has, but the first book is The Charm Bracelet. This series is sooo good. I remember loving it and re-reading it thousands of times! You should totally read this series!   posted Jan 21, 2014 at 6:15PM

The wolves of Willoughby Chase.
by Aiken, Joan, 1924-2004
Amazing, amazing book. Who cares if it is labled as a children's book? It is one of the best children's books I have ever read.   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:32PM

Turtle in paradise /
by Holm, Jennifer L.
Very cute book. You must read it! Jennifer L. Holm is a great author.   posted Sep 14, 2013 at 12:12PM

United we spy
by Ally Carter
The last book in the Gallagher Girls series and it was FANTASTIC! I loved it and I love this series and I highly recommend it.   posted Apr 23, 2014 at 6:00PM

Violet wings /
by Hanley, Victoria
At first I was a little skeptical about reading this book 'cause it's about fairies, but this book is incredible. Go. Read it. NOW!!!   posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:30PM

What happened to goodbye /
by Dessen, Sarah
Really cute romance and well set up plot. Sarah Dessen is an amazing author!   posted Apr 12, 2014 at 10:04PM

Where the red fern grows : the story of two dogs and a boy /
by Rawls, Wilson.
A very heart-warming book that everyone must read. I don't care if you hate dogs, read it.   posted Aug 26, 2013 at 6:19PM