home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the dark hills divide /
The Dark Hills divide
Carman, Patrick.
Children's Fiction CARMAN

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

A fantasy dystopia, which you don't see much nowadays. But the twists and turns of this series should keep you going for a while.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 4:30PM
Megan said:
I thought it was a great book because the suspense in it is almost overpowering. It is a book that you just cant stop reading not for a spilt second. The description of the places in the book makes you feel like you're in that place in the story. Most teen stories don't have much adventure in them but in this book its everywhere! There is a mix of emotions that makes the book flow from one situation to the next. I loved this book some much, I'm working on reading the second one!
posted Jun 5, 2011 at 3:02PM
Megan said:
posted Jun 5, 2011 at 3:02PM
Alyssa said:
I thought this was an amazing book for teens who love adventurous books that keep you guessing and just love to read. This book tells about a girl who just wants to be her own person and goes on some wacky adventers.It makes you want to be there with her.the author does a fabulous job with his writing.i highly recomend this suspenceful tale!
posted Jun 5, 2011 at 3:02PM
Alyssa said:
posted Jun 5, 2011 at 3:02PM
Reverdy01 said:
for your info (pizza man) i love animals
posted Jul 24, 2010 at 12:35PM
Be not afraid. This book is not about long division *shudder* or multiplication or the sine and tangent or anything pertaining to torture in general. But it does have to do with certain stones that allow you to talk to animals, and even though I'm not an animal person (does anyone LIKE having stinking dog fur on their hand and clothing and furniture??) I enjoyed the book. Mostly because there were very few dogs.
posted Jun 9, 2010 at 1:47PM
Alexa Daily has found a stone that allows her to speak with animals. But there are dangers growing closer from outside the walls that surround her city, and she will need all the help she can get to stay alive.
posted Jan 9, 2010 at 2:00PM
I have a passion for adventure and this is packed!READ IT! i’ve recomended it to lots of people and they all love it!
posted Apr 22, 2009 at 4:02PM
narutogamer546 said:
I just started the book and it’s not that bad. It’s kind of not drawing my attention so far but I’ve heard from 4 different people that it is AMAZING! I’ll give it at least til page 50-75
posted Feb 25, 2009 at 8:33AM
Lindsey said:
The series is awesome and their are a lot of adventures. I have recommended this series to everyone I know and I have not failed yet!
posted Feb 21, 2009 at 8:11AM
Lindsey said:
posted Feb 21, 2009 at 8:11AM
apple said:
it suck's. do not read it. it is very boring again do not read it. it suck's
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:38PM
apple said:
it suck's. do not read it. it is very boring again do not read it. it suck's
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:38PM
Juliana said:
This whole series was totally awesome! The dark hills divide is the first book in this trilogy. It's about a cunning young girl who discovers her destiny. But why her? who does she get picked for this dangerous job? The answer to this question and more will be revealed if you read The Land Of Elyon trilogy.
posted Nov 3, 2006 at 1:46PM
Juliana said:
posted Nov 3, 2006 at 1:46PM
Morgan said:
THis book is about an adventurus girl named Alexa who wants to find a way outside of the wall. She faces many dangers and a man disguied as the evil leader of the convicts. I really loved this book beacuse it keeps you guessing throughout the whole book!
posted Apr 21, 2006 at 2:48PM