home > bookspace > my comments > comment: divergent /
Divergent
Roth, Veronica
Teen Fiction ROTH

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

Noor Mirza said:
Best book ever. At first I thought it was girly but when I read it, I could not put it down.
posted Jun 7, 2014 at 3:17PM
Warriorsfan said:
In the Saga "Warriors" start with "Into The Wild" in the original series. At the back of the book, it’ll direct you to the next book / series you need to read! It’s great, and if you love Divergent, you’ll LOVE Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted Apr 16, 2014 at 5:00PM
Warriorsfan said:
Readers have recently commented on these titles: Augie’s secrets : the Minneapolis mob and the king of the Hennepin strip What happened to goodbye Eleanor & Park Book lust : recommended reading for every mood, moment, and reason Tolstoy and the purple chair : my year of magical reading The polysyllabic spree Juliet : a novel Will in the world : how Shakespeare became Shakespeare Before I go to sleep : a novel Sacre bleu : a comedy d’art
posted Apr 16, 2014 at 4:57PM
Reign said:
This was seriously just a mix between Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.
posted Apr 1, 2014 at 1:33AM
yeah these are awesome. CATHERINE YOU DON’T KNOW WHO I AM AM BUT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I’M WATCHING YOU....
posted Mar 29, 2014 at 4:11PM
i love this book! it’s a great exciting novel. Bananas and Fruitcakes, Freckles!
posted Mar 26, 2014 at 6:24PM
Warriorsfan said:
I don’t prefer books like this. You people should read Warriors, it’s about cats. they have adventures and battles, and it’s super exciting!!!
posted Mar 24, 2014 at 4:44PM
Divergent takes place in a future, worn-down Chicago. The society has divided into 5 factions, which are groups of people who focus on the opposite virtue of what they believe caused the war that made them in the state they are in now. For example: Amity, one of the factions, believe that violence was the cause, so they are very peaceful. Every year, when a citizen turns 16 they must choose a faction to live in the rest of their life. Once they have chosen their faction, they must complete an initiation process, where they have to prove that they are cut out for the faction they have chosen. If they don’t make it past intiation they become factionless, which are basically the poor. To help them choose their faction, the society gives them a test to help them find the faction which suits them best. The main character, Beatrice Prior, is from the group Abnegation, the selfless. After her testing process, she realizes that she is a Divergent. But just what a Divergent is, she doesn’t know. Divergent was so, so, so good. 5 out of 5 stars. A million out of a million stars! You’ve got to read this book!
posted Mar 22, 2014 at 8:51PM
Really, really, really good. Sooooo amazing, you have to read.
posted Mar 20, 2014 at 11:08AM
The whole series is solo good but 13 and up for sure. ahh its one of those books were your like I finished it already
posted Jan 28, 2014 at 9:06PM
PurpleHawk said:
This is literally the best book I’ve ever read!! I would totally recommend it to anyone. It has everything: suspense, drama, romance, LOTS of action, and a strong, believable lead character. I loved it so much I couldn’t stop talking about it for weeks after I read it! Everyone should DEFINITELY add this to their summer reading list in my opinion!! :)
posted Jul 13, 2013 at 12:31PM
This book cracked my top five, and although I haven't actually read the second, I loved this first book SO much that I can't see how the second and third won't be just as good.
posted Aug 11, 2012 at 12:01PM
Beatrice Prior has lived her whole life in Abnegation, where you always put the needs of others before your own. But when Beatrice turns sixteen, she will be tested and have the option to join one of the other factions that her city is divided into—Amity (peace), Erudite (intelligence), Candor (truth), or Dauntless (bravery). The motto of this brave new world is “faction before blood,” and individuals are expected to dedicate their lives to the virtue their faction promotes. So Beatrice is shocked when her scores show that she could belong to more than one faction. She is labeled Divergent, and like Katniss in The Hunger Games, Beatrice must play a dangerous game with the authorities to minimize the danger she’s in. Dauntless seems the best place for Beatrice—now calling herself as Tris to match the punk stylings of her new faction—to find answers. As she and the other Dauntless initiates undergo a series of trials to prove their worth, Tris finds it impossible to forget her life in Abnegation, especially since many Dauntless want to trade courage for cruelty. Throw in a romance with a handsome instructor and growing rivalries between factions, and Divergent becomes the first of a hard-hitting, unpredictable new dystopian trilogy.
posted Jun 6, 2012 at 9:33PM
Critic Girl said:
I really liked this book. It was well thought out. The next book "Insurgent" comes out in may 2012 I think. One of the only things I didn’t like was that the dauntless had so many piercings. That is not brave. Over all thought book was AWESOME.
posted Dec 29, 2011 at 12:06PM
Readspect said:
I really intense Dystopian type book that includes Romance and Action.
posted Oct 14, 2011 at 5:21PM