home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the bfg /
The BFG
Roald Dahl
Children's Fiction DAHL

Comments  Summary  Contents  Author Notes

Avatar for Brookdale Library Staff Brookdale Library Staff said:
Grade 3 and up. A children's classic chapter book about a Big Friendly Giant who doesn't quite fit in with the other nasty giants. He kidsnatches lonely orphan Sophie and they team-up to protect the world from unfriendly giants.
posted Jul 29, 2013 at 9:21AM
BFG stands for Big Friendly Giant, and I must say, this is a great British book. Those illustrations don't hurt either.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 4:37PM
ella said:
I really liked this book. I thought it waz very interesting to read. I like the BFG witch stands for the big friendly giant. I liked the part when the giant said now i will show u the snoozcuber I thought the name was very funny. i think Roald Dahl is a good author i llike all his books. :)
posted Aug 28, 2010 at 9:20AM
ella said:
posted Aug 28, 2010 at 9:20AM
venessa said:
this book is very funny there is a giant that is called the bfg.the giant makes up funny words.if you wanna know more and wanna know what bfg stands for please read this book.
posted Oct 15, 2008 at 1:05AM
brendan said:
This book should be a movie
posted Jul 17, 2007 at 2:11PM
anthony said:
scary book
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:40PM
anthony said:
scary book
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:40PM
Kyle said:
When 8 year old Sophie is snatched from her window in the middle of witching hour she doesn't know what to think. To Sophie's luck she had been snatched up by the Big Friendly Giant. Can 4 foot sophie and the 24 foot BFG take on 9 child eating 50 foot giants or will sophie end up sizzling in a friing pan? Read this book to find out.
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:40PM
Kyle said:
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:40PM
Kelsi said:
When 8 year old Sophie got snatched by a giant. Then the whole story all started! Just to let you know the BFG talks a little weird! I give this book 5 stars. I liked this book!
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:26PM
Matthew said:
I think the BFG is really cool. What it is about is a orphan named Sophie wbo is snatched from her bed in the middle of the night by the BFG (who's a giant)and is told that she has to live with the BFG forever. Plus she has to watch out for the other disgusting giants. But then Sophie and the BFG cook up a plan to rid the world of children eating giants. If yo want to find out more than read the BFG!
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:19PM
Matthew said:
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:19PM
tking said:
This book is a great book! We really like Roald Dahl’s use of words! The giant’s language is hilarious. And the idea of a giant going to see the Queen of England and having a whizzpopper in her palace is absurd and we love it.
posted Dec 20, 2006 at 11:03AM
Scarry! A little bit. I like the book
posted Jul 22, 2006 at 6:20PM
Nora said:
Scarry! A little bit. I like the book
posted Jul 22, 2006 at 6:20PM
micah s. wagner said:
the best book i’ve ever read in a million years!!!!!!!!
posted Jun 24, 2006 at 10:23AM
Abby said:
I liked the book because there was this Giant named BFG (Big Friendly Giant)who went in this town and steels this little girl who lives in a orphanige and see him.BFG tells her all these stories about other giants and him catching dreams. Then, one day a gaint called the Bloodbottler say the girl and then came in BFG's cave to find her ,but he couldn't.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
brittany said:
This book was very good and funny its about this is girl that gets picked up by a giant and he's very nice.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Erin said:
This was a great book.I think everyone who reads it will like it. My favorite part was when the BFG says "Bellypoppers". I highly recomend this book.
posted Jul 6, 2005 at 2:09PM