home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the secret life of bees /
The secret life of bees
Sue Monk Kidd
Adult Fiction KIDD

ReadWhitPleasure said:
A friend told me that I needed to read this book. It was a very well told story and I enjoyed it all the way through tell the end.
posted Jul 10, 2012 at 11:42AM
free2write said:
Lily Owens is confused. She's killed her mom, or at least she thinks, and has an abusive father. She is confused. So when her dad tells her a shocking truth about her mother Lily needs to find the truth. So she escapes with their salve Rosaleen, to a small town where she finds the Boatwrights. A family of black sisters who just might hold the answer to many of Lily's confusing questions.
posted Apr 25, 2010 at 1:05AM
Eli2abeth said:
A charming & believable tale with a surprising ending.
posted Nov 9, 2009 at 7:00PM
Jude_Rosenberg said:
This book was very slow in the beginning, but I got into it as I went along. Everyone should give this book a chance. It’s not totally boring like a few other people have portreyed.
posted Jul 1, 2009 at 5:18PM
jenmarie said:
This book was one of the best books i have read. I have to contradict the other comments where they say it was boring. I thought it was an interesting book from the beginning. But we all have different reviews. Once you read the book, the movie doesn’t even come close to compare.
posted Jun 29, 2009 at 4:37PM
xxclairencexx said:
Most amazing book i have ever read. Great message and story line and a recomend it to alL!
posted Aug 26, 2007 at 4:24PM
Vick said:
This is one of the best books I have ever read and I recommend it to anyone of any age.
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 5:34PM
Priya said:
I though the book was good but a little boring.
posted Aug 24, 2006 at 12:13PM
Priya said:
I though the book was good but a little boring.
posted Aug 24, 2006 at 12:13PM
Sam said:
This book was a great lesson teaching book. At first I was not really interested in the book but it got great reviews! Then when I actually started reading it, it grabbed me! It was a great book for a teen of a family where eithr the parents are divorced/split up, where they do not know wher the mother/father is, or if one of the parents has passed away. Even so I would reccomend the book to anyone who would like to read a good family revovled book.
Courtney said:
Okay. Sort of long and tedious at times, and I felt it hard to feel for the characters, but an okay book overall. Takes place on a bee farm in the 1950's and tells the story of a white 15-year-old girl and how she rooms with four black women.