home > bookspace > my comments > comment: harry potter and the order of the phoenix /
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J. K. Rowling
Children's Fiction ROWLING

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

jazzy2 said:
This book was good. Was not my favorite though there were a few slow parts. The ending is sooo sad. I recommend it to anyone who like fantasy.
posted Mar 25, 2012 at 10:21AM
billy bob joe said:
I’m not finished with it yet but I would recomend it to anybody!
posted Jun 27, 2011 at 12:41PM
Namitha said:
First I would rate this book a 5 star.In the book Harry joins the Order of the Phoenix.It is a secret society held at Harry's godfather's house.When Harry goes back to Hogwarts Hagrid (Harry's friend)is gone.They also got a new defense against dark arts teacher, Professor Umbridge.Read the book to find out what happens next. People who like horror w/ adventure will love this book!!!
posted Jun 13, 2011 at 10:04PM
Namitha said:
posted Jun 13, 2011 at 10:04PM
Lia said:
I like the part where Harry says to Malfoy "You unlike me are a git"!
posted Mar 3, 2011 at 6:27PM
William Halvorson said:
It was really long but very interesting. When Harry had horrible nightmares about his god father. He will go to the ministry of magic to find out who's responsible
posted Jan 26, 2011 at 5:47PM
Harry is 15, and Voldemort returns again. The Ministry of Magic does not believe a word of it.He has dreams that's going on right at that very moment, and Voldemort keeps getting inside his head.Then he meets Voldemort in the Department of Mysteries. What will happen next? Read to find out!
posted Apr 1, 2010 at 9:45AM
This was not my favorite in the series. I still like it but what is so special about it? I did like some of the things that happened in the book though.
posted May 22, 2009 at 7:41PM
scamper125 said:
one of the better ones, i think. book 5
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 9:54AM
softball_luver14 said:
This book was hard to get through. Harry was so sad and angry all the time it was hard to read! I did like all of the order stuff. The way that they concealed all of their places was awesome!
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 5:06PM
Alex and Sam said:
It is Great! I have about 8 more Chapters left But I Love what I have read. I have read 1,2,3 and 4!
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:43PM
This looks so good that I want to read it so bad.
posted Nov 17, 2007 at 3:12PM
Sarah said:
i
posted Oct 30, 2007 at 8:51PM
Sarah said:
i
posted Oct 30, 2007 at 8:51PM
lizzielovesdrama said:
umm... hello does jk roweling HAVE an editor because I know she can afford one. This book was waay too long and drawn-out. Many parts did not capture my attention and now I don’t even want to think about reading the next one. I mean come on!!!!! harry pottor fans get a life.
posted Oct 11, 2007 at 7:35PM
oleg said:
this is the best book ever. It's a 5th book of harry Potter. Harry's God father dies, how ever Harrys life is safe.
posted Aug 16, 2007 at 11:22AM
Lyubov said:
Its an interesting book, witch is sad and exiting at the same time. you wont want to put it down, I know for shur I didn't. Its a 5th book of harry potter. Its about how Harry finds Dark lord and tries to kill him but its not so essey and his god father dies.
posted Aug 16, 2007 at 11:02AM
Lyubov said:
posted Aug 16, 2007 at 11:02AM
Rob said:
This book is the best out of the 4th-6th books of the series. My 3 fav. parts is when the D.A. gets to the Ministry of Magic, when Sirius Black dies, and when Professor Trelawney recites the Prophecy. It is very long(870 pages)so 3rd grade -adult should read it.(unless your advanced) And that is why I give it 5 stars.
posted Aug 8, 2007 at 3:14PM
Rob said:
posted Aug 8, 2007 at 3:14PM
TheSuffering26 said:
I'm actually proud to say, I'm 21 and diggin the Harry Potter series, I've actually enjoyed every book I've read, I'm reading this one AND THBP, and its still amazing!
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 4:55PM
Emily said:
It is the best book EVER, and it is really intense, yet it flows so smoothly... all my thumbs and fingers up, JK Rowling!
posted May 15, 2007 at 10:43AM
Emily said:
posted May 15, 2007 at 10:43AM
Delila said:
This is the worst book ever!!! It's dumb.
posted Oct 24, 2006 at 8:40PM
ryan said:
it is amazingly asome.it is so adventeros.
posted Jul 21, 2006 at 7:00PM
ryan said:
it is amazingly asome.it is so adventeros.
posted Jul 21, 2006 at 7:00PM
rachel said:
this is a great book for any body who loves adventure.and i liked it because its a book that you want to last forever.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Kirsten said:
I liked this book because it is full of action and also it shows some bits of love between Harry and Cho. This book explains a lot about why everything had happened. I also think that Hermionie has blossomed as a character, she's my favorite!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Evan said:
Harry potter and the order of the pheonix is one of those books that you do not want to put down.Itis about the amazing adventures of young Harry and his stay at Hogwarts.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
josh said:
I really like the plot. When I read this book I feel like I am the character in in the book. I try to imagine what it would be like if I was Harry and try to imagine what I would do.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Caitlin said:
It is a adventures book and the other Harry Potter books also have adventures and magical things happpen in every book!!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Stephanie said:
This was a great book. Even though it was really long, I think that it was one of the best Harry Potter books. I loved it so much I'm reading it for the 13th time already!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Melanie said:
I thought it was a good book, because it's a story that is a mix of adventure, magical, and freindship. I liked how everyone worked together. I like Hermionie. This was a great book!!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Cal said:
I thought it was a very good book compared to the other Harry Potter books it was very descriptive.
posted Oct 26, 2005 at 7:55PM
Lyubov said:
It is about how harry potter enter the minde of he who must not be named(Lord Woldomort) and the mistireous Order of the Phoenix finds out. What is order of Phoenix and what does it do? Alsow Who is in it? You will have to read this book to finde out. Read this Book!
posted Aug 2, 2005
Masha said:
I think this book is the best book ever!!! I really recommend it. this book has some really great surprises as all of the Harry Potter books.
posted Jan 31, 2005
Emily said:
This book was awsome!!! In fact, it was so good I read it twice and I own it! J.K. Rowling has out done herself this time, I could hardly put this book down! I can't wait till book 6 comes out!! Please read this book, it's a must on my book list! :)
posted Jan 10, 2005
Kay said:
I loved this book.....it was very fast moving and even though I didn't like some of the events that happened I loved how it was written.....I can't wait for the next one!!!!!!
posted Jan 7, 2005
Abby said:
This book was on eof my favorite books of the Harry Potter series. The book is fast going and never secces action. The title got my right away and it is really unexpected in some parts.
posted Jan 4, 2005
Jessamine said:
I think that its a really good book because not all of the surprises are good. Harry has a really nasty temper towards some things and the worst surprise is the one at the end. I am not telling the surprises. Not even one.
posted Dec 30, 2004
Ben said:
It was a great book! I think that it can be read by all ages. I like this book so much that i would stay up all night and read it. Then the next day I would be very tired. But i would keep reading. Her writing is interesting. You never know what is going to happen next. It is Harry's 5th year at Hogwarts. You know who ( Voldamort) has returned to power. Harry has many things on his mind Harry is in for a big and suprising school year. Or will he even live still live till the end of his 5th year? Read Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheniox to find out!
posted Oct 15, 2004 at 10:59PM
Aaron said:
I thought that this was one of the best Harry Potter books. It is so unpredictable. If you liked the other Harry Potter books, you will like this book
posted Aug 9, 2004
Jill said:
This is the my favorite book of all timesw. It is always intresting and keeps you reading. Seriously, there are barely any boring parts. I recommend this book to everyone and even though it looks long, it is not a slow read
posted Jul 26, 2004
Shazia said:
This is the least favorite book of mine in the Harry Potter series. I think its because of the length...its way too long. And I think I just want to know what happens at the end (where most of the action starts).
posted Jul 24, 2004
britta said:
I love the book.Rowling uses such good descriptive words you feel like youre in the book to.Its about a boy named Harry.Harry is on his 5th year at hogwarts.when Harry is on vacation he stays at #11 GrimauldPlace.One night Harry has a dream about Mr.Weasley being atacked by a huge snake.Harrys dream was real.Now Voldemorts back with more power.Will Harry defeat Voldemort and discover the truth about his parents,the Profecy,NevilleLongbottom,and himself?
posted Jun 4, 2004 at 11:35AM
Hillary said:
I think that Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix is an exhilarating, great, and awesome book. It is a perfect book for kids who like fun, suspenseful and magical journeys. My favorite part was when Harry went on the Midnight Express for the first time.
posted May 26, 2004 at 2:21PM
Rachel said:
I think this is one of the best Harry Potter books. This one and the second book are my favorites. I like this one the best because it has lots of action and it's very dramatic. I like books that have people trying to kill each other. It is much more complicated as there are more books. There are more characters in the 5th book than the other ones. This is my favorite Harry Potter book.
posted May 26, 2004 at 1:00PM
Bobby said:
It was great! I don`t like that someone dies but, I won`t ruin the suprise. I know you will love it to and don`t be shy even,though the book is long don`t be intimidated. If you love the other ones you will love this one to. So when bored this summer and looking for a good read go and read the Harry Potter series. Go nuts with reading.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:33PM
Brianna said:
I thought it was great, just as good as all the other ones. The only thing I didn't like was how moody Harry was. I think Rowling is a amazing author.
Colette said:
I loved it. I feel what Harry was feeling. It's funny because Ron is Ginny's big brother, so he's very protective. When she gets a boyfriend, he get really protective, and when she dumps him, and get another boyfriend, he is even more protective
Akbar said:
This is an awesome book. I liked the twists and turns and in it's own way, it was worth the wait. It continues the trend of Hrry potter being hit. It was a cool book.
Amy said:
This was a spectacular book. Like the rest of the Harry Potter books it has many unexpected twists and turns. In this book Harry goes to Hogwarts and finds that the Ministry of Magic has taken over the school. Harry hates the new Defense against dark arts teacher and is always getting punished. It was a really great book
Andy said:
I think it was great because it is the best of all series. Second of all it was long and adventurous and you never would want to put it down. Finally I like the Harry Potter books because it is a good book to read and I would rate it 5/5 Stars.
Anne said:
This book was the best yet in the Harry Potter series. If you've read the other H.P books and haven't started it yet, I would question whether or not you were a true fan! If you haven't read any of the H.P books yet, please, for the love of God, start!
Jack said:
Like all of the Harry Potter books, The Order of the Phoenix is an action-packed story from the wizarding world. Also, like all of the HP books, it's a great read. J.K. Rowling drws the reader in to Harry's world. In this book, I thought that Harry was more of a real adolescent, instead of the slightly superficial immature hero of the earlier books. I really liked this book and was stimulated by the many plot twists that happen throughout the book.
Jennifer said:
I enjoyed the fifth installment in the Harry Potter series a lot, though I found it disappointing compared the rest, because it lacked the concerns and trials readers have come to expect from Harry Potter. As any other person who read this will say, I was thouroughly annoyed by the character of Prof. Umbridge.
Josh said:
This Book was great. It had a good plot and was fun to read.
Kevin said:
It started to pull you in right away with the title.Then the chapter names like; A peck of Owls, The hearing,& Dumbledore's Army. It's the best in the so far. What's next?
Diane said:
This was a very good book, but had a rough start. in my opinion most of the books do, but this one was to much more of an extream. I would still highly recomend this book.
Hillary said:
This book was awsome!!! it is probably the best book yet! Itwill take you on an adventure that the others didn't take you on...(except maybe the prissoner of azkaban)
Thomas said:
I was dissapointed by this book. It did give me a lot of the same feelings I had got from reading the previous four Harry Potter books, but it lacked a lot of the surprises and "magic" that the other books had. A lot of times you could tell what was coming. I hope this is not the end of J.K. Rowling's amazing writing skills. Don't be to discouraged to read this book. It may not blow you away but it is still a good read. If you want to keep up with the adventures of the boy wizard you should read this book.
Tiffany said:
its better then all of the other four and is so good you will never be bored of harry potter books agian and this book has all of its climates and drops to. even though its longer then all of the other books of Harry Potter this is I would call the best yet.
Priyanka said:
Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix answers most of your questions you had when you were reading the previous Harry Potter books. If I give you any more detail I am sacred that I will tell too much. I am not going to say anything else than, YOU GOT TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!
Quinn said:
This Book Was Very Good. Harry Is A Lot Angrier In This Book, A Person Very Close To Him Dies, Cho Chang Talks To Him A Lot More. I Really Recommend Reading This Book, But Read THe 1st 4 Harry Potter Books First!
Samantha said:
This book is amazing! I am a huge fan of J.K's work! This book just keeps you intersted! You start reading it and you think you are actually there! Her deatil is wonderful. This is a great book of the series! I never thought anything that happened would happen! My favortie part is when Ron is made a Prefect and when he becomes the Keeper! That was amazing! J.K is finally letting other chararcters get more involved! I think it is great how she is finally opening things for the other chararcters!!
Meg said:
This is like the beSt book ever! I wIsh it could have been shoRter though. When the story gets boring, It's easy to forget that this is a Unbelievable book. Me and my friends say its Sensational. My librarian does too.
Michelle said:
I have read this book for hours and hours at a time, never once daring to put it down! J.K. Rowling has made our waiting worth it! I can't describe it exactly for if you do, you can say too much and then you ruin the book; you need to read it yourself! I got hooked by the end of the first chapter, which I actually never got from the previous books. But if the next two books are like this one, there is no fear whatsoever of a downfall in the series.
Maria said:
The New Hp book was wonderfully written.It has everything any reader would want in a wonderful book.Know you know why it took her so long to write.It holds up to everyones standards of the HP books.
Linda said:
Purely splendid. Incredibly interesting in every page.
Lindsey said:
This book was awesome the best one so far i can't wait for book six to come out. I read this book really fast it was so good i think i will read it again and i really never read a book twice two thumbs up to J.K you are a amazing writer keep up the good work!. God Bless!