HENNEPIN COUNTY LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
OF DECEMBER 7, 2005
The Hennepin County Library Board met on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 at Ridgedale Resource Library.
Present: John Gibbs, Holly Guncheon, Patricia Izek and David Pratt
Library Staff Attending: Amy Ryan, Lois Langer Thompson, Sharon Charles, Janet Leick, Elaine Dunn, John Sugimura, Michael McConnell, Dan Hinrichs, and Bill Berg.
CALL TO ORDER
Patricia Izek, Vice-President called the Hennepin County Library Board Meeting of December 7, 2005 to order at 4:38 p.m. with a welcome to all. There were no public comments.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Agenda unanimously approved
Recognition of NACo Award Recipients
Books for Troops Award - Dan Hinrichs, Resource Services Division
- The Brookdale Project
- Michael McConnell
- Jackie Gillespie
- Julaine Heit
- Nancy Walstrom
- National Association of County Information Officers Award
- Juli Bratvold
- Carla Biermaier
- Elaine Dunn
This was laid over until a later date.
Edina Library Gift of Art: Christie Blackwood Memorial - Marcia Wattson, Edina Library
Family, friends, The Friends of the Library, and Nash Framing donated dollars for the purchase of Watercolor painting of "The Book Club" created by Doug Lew. John Gibbs moved acceptance of the gift to the library, seconded by David Pratt and approved unanimously - 4 YEAS 3 ABSENT (Miller/Steinke/Lunde) APPROVED
Minutes were laid over until next meeting
LIBRARY BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
- Foundation and Pen Pals Update
- Attended Pen Pals
- Attended Penn Lake Friends Meeting
- Attended FIL Book Fair - Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico
DIRECTOR'S REPORT - Amy E. Ryan
- Proposed 2006 Library Board Meeting Schedule - A. Ryan
The Proposed 2006 Schedule will return at the January 25, 2006 meeting for further discussion of meeting locations for 2006.
- Building Project Update - J. Leick
Brief overview of the main projects currently being managed:
- Plymouth Library update
- Maple Grove Library update
- Increase the size of the Teen Area at Brookdale Library
- Administrative Offices at Ridgedale will be locked, accessible with special entry pass
- Library Board Policy, LB5: Expense Policy was laid over until next meeting
Acceptance of gifts was laid over until next meeting
- St. Bonifacius Library Update
-David Pratt suggests having the February Board Meeting at St. Bonifacius 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Framework for the Future Update
- Brooklyn Park Library Commissioner Resolution
- Additional hours at Libraries during the summer
There being no further business, the Library Board Meeting for December 7, 2005 was declared adjourned at 5:12 p.m. Next meeting is scheduled Wednesday, January 25, 2006 @ 4:30 p.m. at Ridgedale Resource Library.
Peter M. Miller, Secretary