About Power SearchFind information in multiple databases with a single search! Search across all databases, limit by subject or create a customized search. Not all library databases are included in Power Search. View a complete list of databases offered by the Library.
- Start at the Basic Search screen. Use check boxes to select a subject, several subjects or use Select All to search everything.
- Enter a search term and click 'Search'
- Use quotes to search a phrase.
- Start with an author's last name first when doing an author search. For best results, try the author's name both ways.
- Power Search can help you identify the best databases once you see results. You may then narrow your search to a particular database.
- Use the Advanced Search for additional search options.
- Results are returned in a single list.
- Use the clustered 'Results by Topic' or 'Results by Source' found on the left of your results screen to refine your search.
- Use tabs to limit results by Date, Magazine or Author.
- Click on items in the list to view the individual results
For more tips use the search tips page provided by Serial Solutions.