News Flash Blog
Victoria of Teens Online
Summer is here! It's time for us to don our swimsuits and tan our bodies to the tune of good, breezy, summer reads. Here are my recommendations.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. This book features angels, demons, a love triangle, 19th Century manners, and an extremely feisty heroine. Count me in!
- Paper Towns by John Green. A fun but occassionally poignant book about a teen-aged boy and his love for his "popular" neighbor. The ill-fitting pair decide to go and play a complex string of pranks on her old friends, and the book becomes an emotional roller coaster from there.
- Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell. A beautifully written book about King Arthur and his court from the point of view of the daughter of one of his knights. Since it is written in verse, it is easily read in even one sitting. Highly recommended.
- Emma by Jane Austen. A fun and fluffy "classic" from the brilliant mind that gave us Pride & Prejudice. A young socialite decides to play matchmaker for her entire community, which has disastrous consequences for everyone. The scene stealer, however, is Emma's neighborhood friend, the kind, fun Mr. Knightly.
- Matched by Ally Condie. A cool, chill dystopia about a world where we are "matched" with our mate for life by a computer, and the girl who fights against the system. Fun and romantic.
I hope you pick up one of the books for your summer reading! Have a great summer, everyone!
posted by Meg at 12:00 0 comments
Leave a Comment