Nominating Committee meeting summary - March 21, 2019
The public is welcome at all library board meetings
The Library Board Nominating Committee met Thursday, March 21, 2019, Webber Park Library, Camden Meeting Room.
Committee members: Chair Chris Damsgard, Rahfat Hussain, and Sheila Letscher
Staff: Tracy Thompson
Welcome and Call to Order
Chair Chris Damsgard called the meeting to order at 6:22 p.m. and welcomed attendees.
Approval of agenda and meeting summary
Sheila Letscher made a motion to approve the agenda; seconded by Rahfat Hussain. Motion passed.
Discussion of 2019 Slate of Library Board Officers
- The Committee reviewed Committee and Library Board procedures for nominating officers.
- The Committee discussed the role for each of the officers, reviewed current and past office holders, and confirmed Library Board members who opted out of running for office.
- Chris Damsgard stated Katherine Blauvelt and Erin Vrieze Daniels showed interest in serving as president for a one year term and asked for nominations. Katherine Blauvelt was elected to the slate.
- Chris Damsgard stated Katherine Blauvelt, Jonathan Gaw, and Erin Vrieze Daniels showed interest in serving as vice-president for a one year term and asked for nominations. Erin Vrieze Daniels was elected to the slate.
- Chris Damsgard stated Jonathan Gaw, Samuel Neisen, and Erin Vrieze Daniels showed interest in serving as secretary for a one year term and asked for nominations. Jonathan Gaw was elected to the slate.
- Prior to the next meeting, current and proposed officers will be contacted.
- The slate of officers will be sent to the full Board one week prior to the annual meeting in May.
Chair Damsgard made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:40 p.m.; seconded by Sheila Letscher. Motion passed.