Resources to research candidates on the ballot
As we enter another election season, use these recommended resources and tips to research the candidates on your ballot.
Find out who is on the ballot
Go to WHAT’S ON MY BALLOT? to find:
Information is posted about 45 days before an election. You can also contact candidates to ask questions about issues important to you.
Where to learn about candidates
- Online, including campaign websites, candidate social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, and websites that come up in search – be sure to evaluate websites carefully
- Candidate speeches
- Candidate debates
- Press reports from newspapers, television and the radio – libraries provide free physical and digital access to many newspapers
- Mailings sent to constituents
- Ads on television and radio
- Incumbent voting records on legislation while in office
Online resources for elected offices