May is American Indian Month in Minnesota
- Join us as we celebrate American Indian Month in Minnesota. The theme for 2020 is We Are Still Here: Honoring Life. Your library has resources online about Indigenous People of the Americas, including the Dakota, whose land all of our 41 libraries occupy.
There is also a free virtual event that you can access and participate in from home.
Go to the American Indian Month in MN 2020 Facebook page for special videos that celebrate the month.
Books (many available as eBooks)
- Native American Memoir - Staff- recommended memoirs reflecting the Native American experience.
- New Poets of Native Nations - Local poet and anthology editor Heid E. Erdrich has collected a number of poems in the book "New Poets of Native Nations." Find other works of poetry and prose by the book's contributors in this list.
- Books for Youth by Native Writers - Here is a collections of books for preschoolers, kids and teens by Native American authors.
- Indigenous plants and foods - Books about cooking with foods indigenous to North America, with Native traditions and Native American gardening.