Hosmer Library design update and new closing timeline
This spring, plans for the renovation of Hosmer Library continue to progress through the design development phase. Library staff have reviewed the architect’s documents and shared additional comments and feedback. Interior finishes and fabrics are being selected.
To ensure the building’s longevity, infrastructure improvements remain a key priority. Planned improvements include:
- Repairs and preservation of building exterior, including large historic skylight and refurbishment of historic wood windows
- Correct site drainage issues, repair paving and improve plantings
- Install new energy efficient LED lighting, upgrade technology cabling and improve wireless connectivity throughout the building
- Upgrade restrooms for ADA compliance
- Potential repair or replacement of underground sewer utility lines
The project timeline has been updated. Hosmer Library is now scheduled to close in fall 2018 and will reopen in 2019.
More about this building project