Commissioned by Charles C. and Mary Harris Webber to honor their son’s memory, this portrait depicts John Deere Webber, great-grandson of tractor company founder John Deere. In 1909, the Webbers offered to fund a recreation building in the nearby Camden Park with a second story if it would be used as a branch library. The Library Board agreed, and the Camden Branch opened in 1910. In 1939, Camden Park was renamed after the Webbers, and in 1954, the library acquired the rest of the building from the Minneapolis Park Board and renamed it Webber Park Library. Today, the portrait hangs inside the third Webber Park Library, opened in 2017, just west of Webber Park.