Policy Review Policy
Hennepin County Library Board Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the regular review of Hennepin County Library Board policies and to ensure that new policies are developed as needed.
- Library Board policies articulate the underlying principles that guide and support Hennepin County Library.
- Library Board policies reflect the Hennepin County Library’s mission and its innovative reputation.
Each Library Board policy will be reviewed at least once every five years. Newly-created Library Board policies will receive an initial review after one or two years of their adoption.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As needed, the Library Director (or designee) will consider whether any new Library Board policies should be developed and will forward any recommendations to the Library Board for action by a Library Board Committee.
- The Library Board Program/Policy Committee reviews and revises policies as necessary, endorses the draft policy revision and advances to the full Library Board for approval.
- The full Library Board reviews the new or revised policy and may move to adopt, defer action to the Library Board’s next meeting, or return to the committee for further revision.
This policy is reviewed by the Library Director (or designee) every five (5) years who then makes recommendations to the Library Board Program/Policy Committee. The committee reviews and revises as necessary and advances to the full Library Board for approval. Library Board members may initiate a policy review at any time.
Next Review Date: 01/2025
Date Approved: 01/2020