Arvonne Fraser Library (previously known as Southeast Library) sits on the east bank of the University of Minnesota and serves residents of the University community. The building was designed by master architect Ralph Rapson and originally functioned as a credit union for university and state employees. It opened as a library in 1967.
Previously, the East Side Branch at 22 University Ave. S.E. (1891-1904) and the Pillsbury Library at 100 University Ave. S.E. (1904-1967) served the University community.
Library building project information
View a list of free library events at Arvonne Fraser Library
Join the Friends of Arvonne Fraser Library
1222 4th St. S.E.
January 13, 2020
Familiar authors and artists were joined by some newcomers in our top 10 most-borrowed titles of 2019 lists.
December 23, 2019
Join us for a community celebration and ribbon-cutting with county leaders and library staff on Saturday, January 25.
November 20, 2019
Hennepin County Library offers a variety of resources and services to help students choose and research their History Day projects.