Library service to the South Lake communities of Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood and Tonka Bay was established beginning in 1922, when the library was housed out of the White House Hotel. For several decades, the library operated out of various locations in the community, with the first permanent library location opening on Third Street in 1965. In 2014, the library moved to a new building on Water Street in the heart of downtown Excelsior. It sits adjacent to the Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail.
View a list of free library events.
Join the Friends of Excelsior Library.
337 Water St.