Hosmer Library serves the Powderhorn community of Minneapolis. The library opened in 1916 and was the last of four Carnegie-funded libraries built in the city. One of 13 libraries developed under nationally known library director Gratia Countryman, the library is named for James K. Hosmer, who preceded Countryman as director from 1892-1904. The library has received historic designation from the City of Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
View a list of free library events.
Join the Friends of Hosmer Library.
347 E. 36th St.