Set near scenic Minnehaha Creek, Washburn Library serves the neighborhoods of southwest Minneapolis. It is named for local flour magnate and U.S. Senator William D. Washburn (1831-1912). Library service to this area began in 1939 with a bookmobile route. The library’s current location opened in 1970.
View a list of free library events.
Join the Friends of Washburn Library.
5244 Lyndale Ave. S.