Hennepin County Library Board Policy
The purpose of this policy is to articulate the underlying principles for lending library materials to patrons and define the roles and responsibilities for establishing lending rules.
In its mission to nourish minds, transform lives, and build community together, the Library makes a significant part of its collection available to patrons to borrow and use outside of the library. Providing access and lending library material to patrons is a core library service.
- We function in a resource sharing environment that depends on the stewardship and good will of all.
- We value patron service; we serve individuals and the community as a whole.
- We strive to make limited resources available to all.
- We support the use of library material.
- We seek to provide ease of access to desired library materials.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lending rules and limitations are established to ensure collection accessibility to the community as a whole while striving to support the broadest possible patron access. The Library Director (or designee) will establish and publish specific lending rules that ensure fair and consistent application of this policy.
Associated Policies and Laws
This policy is reviewed every four (4) years by the Library Director (or designee) who makes recommendations to the Library Board Policy Committee. The Committee reviews and revises as necessary, endorses and advances to the full Library Board for approval.
Date Approved: 9/2016
Next Review Date: 3/2019
Date Adopted: 2016