Meeting Room Public Use Agreement
Please read and agree to the statements below to reserve and use one of Hennepin County Library’s meeting rooms.
Agreeing to the following requirements ensures that Hennepin County Library meeting rooms will be accessible, inviting, safe and equitably used by all patrons.
Meeting room uses
- Public gathering spaces are intended to be commercial-free environments where groups may come together to learn and exchange information and ideas.
- Public gathering places are available to the public regardless of the beliefs or affiliations or groups requesting their use.
- Permission to use a public gathering place does not constitute an endorsement by the library of the program or point of view expressed.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for purely social purposes including parties and other events (such as weddings, birthdays, retirements, etc.)
- No commercial activities.
- No admission fees or tuition, sales of products or services, or other direct fundraising activities.
- Exceptions may be made for library-sponsored groups, programs or events.
- No gambling, games of chance, bingo, casinos or wagering of any kind may be part of any program, meeting or event.
- The following may not be used:
- No candles or flames of any kind
- No balloons of any kind
- The library may not be used to store equipment, materials or supplies.
Library right of refusal
- The Library Services Deputy Director (or designee) is responsible for working to resolve disputes that may arise over the reservation and use of library rooms.
Meeting information and publicity
- Hennepin County Library will communicate scheduled meetings (group name, time, date and place of meeting) in the room reservation calendar. That information may also be posted either digitally or in print in the library where the meeting is being held.
- The library name may not be used in any publicity for non-library sponsored or co-sponsored meetings except to designate the meeting location.
- Hennepin County Library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization.
- Patrons will comply with federal, state and local laws and policies, including the Hennepin County Library Board Reserving and Using Library Rooms Policy.
- The contact person for the reservation is liable for any damages to facilities and furnishings. The contact person shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hennepin County, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions of any kind, arising and resulting and accruing from a negligent act, omission or error of the group resulting in or relating to personal injuries or property damage arising from the groups’ use of the library. Failure to follow this policy may result in the loss of future reservation and use privileges.
- Normal vacuuming and trash removal are provided.
- If the room requires additional cleaning after a meeting, the contact person will be charged at the rate established in the Hennepin County Library Fee and Fine Schedule.
Reserving a room
- Patrons must complete the online room reservation application form and agree to the Meeting Room Public Use Agreement.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to reserve meeting rooms.
- Library staff will reserve meeting rooms for walk-in patrons under 18 years of age to use the library that day if a parent/guardian is not present.
- Rooms may be reserved up to 90 day in advance.
- Patrons should notify the library as soon as possible if it is necessary to cancel a reservation.
- Repeated cancellations may affect the ability to reserve meeting rooms in the future.
Equipment and furniture
- Wi-Fi is available in all libraries. More information about using Wi-Fi at the library can be found on Computers and technology.
- AV equipment is not available in most meeting rooms. Some meeting rooms have a large flat-screen monitor for use with your own device. (See the meeting room list for information about specific locations.)
- Groups may bring their own equipment. Staff are not available to provide AV equipment support.
- See the meeting room list for detailed information about furniture available in specific locations.
- Furniture set-up is available at Ridgedale and Southdale libraries.
Food and beverages
- Covered beverages and food are allowed in all rooms.